Wednesday 2 May 2018

Your Mid-Week Update for 05/02/18


I might have chosen the perfect victim for my project. The woman I’ve been befriending at the coffeeshop was having an affair with this younger man and it was “so scandalous” – according to my husband – but then the other day I found out that the younger man was married. And then one day, the older man came in to the coffee shop with a man I didn’t recognize. I have no idea what that was about but they sat at a table and chatted for twenty minutes before the young man left. When I asked Mary about her boyfriend she said he was the head of a corporate office I don’t remember the name of. It’s possible he was here for a business meeting but I honestly doubt it. The sheer number of suspects is rising by the day, I may have to step up my game. I think it’s time James and I arranged a couple’s dinner.

God, I haven’t had to go out for work in so long.

I haven’t gone out in so long.

Does my husband not take me out for fancy dinners anymore?

Have we become stagnant?

I refuse to believe that James and I have become a boring, stay-at-home couple. We are still as in love as the day we married. Mostly.

Going out takes so much work – and on any given night, one or both of us are busy so I guess it makes sense that we don’t make plans or go out very often.

Still…

Speaking of busy, I spent way too long with my victim last night. I just couldn’t decide how I wanted to kill them; or if I wanted to kill them, I guess.

Dear readers, I want to pose a moral question to you. Now don’t freak out, I know you don’t come here for ethical insights but bear with me.

If you found someone who’d been hit by a car but they weren’t dead, you’d call the police because you’re inherently a good person and it looks suspicious if you don’t. What if that person was begging you for death and the ambulance was at least twenty minutes away?

You’d kill them, wouldn’t you?

I should mention that I’m the one who hit them. Does that change anything?

In any case, I decided not to call the police and stepped on his throat until he lost consciousness. He bled out on the street.

That was the right move given my situation, right? I mean he asked me to kill him.

I wonder why. What brought him to that empty road so late at night. Huh.

I guess I’ll have to wait for the news report.

As always, dear readers,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment