Wednesday 21 June 2017

Your Mid-Week Update for 06/21/17

Did you know that banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories? A reader sent me a few random facts to “get me started” on my new project of gaining new skills. Thank you, dear reader, I appreciate the sharing of knowledge. That was probably my favourite fact. It has practical applications. I wondered if banging someone else’s head against a wall would burn as many calories so I went in search of a new victim.

I found a cashier on his break, smoking in the alley behind the store.

While I’m thinking about it: how awesome are alleys? I couldn’t kill half as many people if I didn’t have a poorly lit back way around the city. Speaking of “poorly lit”; the streetlights turning into my neighbourhood have been off for over a month now and the city has done nothing about it. You can’t see a thing. I’ve nearly run over three pedestrians this month and I didn’t want to – I mean I WANTED to but that my intention was not kill them.

Although, maybe if there was an accident in our neighbourhood, the city would come and fix the lights. I know what I`m doing on my way to work today.

Anyways, I found a cashier, turned the calorie tracker on my phone, and tested my theory. You can actually burn more calories banging someone else’s head than hurting yourself. Just think about that next time you’re feeling frustrated.

Also some interesting facts this reader sent to me:

A baby octopus is about the size of a flea when it’s born.

The first alarm clock could only ring at 4am.

I don’t know how useful this information is but now you know something you probably didn’t and this blog, if anything, aims to be educational.

That’s a lie; anything I’ve taught my readers over the years has been entirely unintentional. Although I hope you have learnt something. You shouldn’t walk through life ignorant. That’s the whole point of this new endeavor of mine. Learn something completely new. Don’t be afraid to experiment and ask questions.

This has been a really “feel good” kind of update but you know what? I’m feeling pretty good right now and I’m not ashamed. I’m having a good day and even if someone disagrees, I will still have a good day.

As always, dear readers,


Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment