Wednesday 14 June 2017

Your Mid-Week Update for 06/14/17

You know what I never really got? Musicals. I consider myself a fairly open-minded individual and I would never belittle those who pursue the arts but people breaking into song and dance sporadically is just bizarre. Even more troubling are the people who are in the background dancing along with the main characters. No matter what they’re doing they have to drop everything in order to sing a few notes about a situation they know nothing about. Can other people hear when they’re singing solos? And what about when two people are singing a duet in different places? How do they know they’re even in the right key? And don’t even get me started on the synchronized dance routines.

The reason I bring this up is the same reason I use a blog that my sister had to set up for me.

I am not technologically-inclined.

I’m not incapable of using my smart phone or various aspects of the internet but when it comes to social media, I feel perpetually behind. There’s always something that I don’t catch on to until months or years later. Over the weekend several of my Facebook friends changed their profile photo to include the message “Theatre Inspires” even though I don’t think any of them have been to see a live show in several years. They were following the trend inspired by the Tony Awards. Kevin Spacey hosted? That’s weird, right? I had no idea he was involved with musicals.

It highlighted a blind spot in my career as a murderess. I have a lot of knowledge about some small areas but I need to expand my horizons; learn more about social media, about musicals, about motorcycle repair – I don’t know. If I am going to live and kill in this world, I need to know more about it.

So to you, dear readers, I offer this: teach me something new. A fun fact or skill, something more than I knew before. Help me grow.

As always, dear readers,


Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment