Wednesday 19 August 2015

Your Midweek Update for 08/19/15

Sandra was born on August 21st 1996. She arrived right on time. I remember sitting outside the room, the moment my sister’s cries turned to laughter. She was so perfect, so tiny – for such massive lungs. Even then, she wasn’t afraid to tell everyone what she was feeling. And much too clever for her own good.

She would be 19 on Friday; attending University in less than a month. Every university she applied for, she was accepted into, but because of me she opted to stay in the city. She wanted to stay close to me – to keep our family together.

My sister called me last week. No one had told her but she found a news article discussing the on-going investigation. The police have no leads. They talked to all the friends and family and random associates they could find but there was never anything linking her and Daniel together. They’ve told me and James that it was probably random and they have little hope of finding the killer.

They’ll find his body. In pieces.

Daniel hasn’t spoken to anyone since the funeral. He stopped going to work, Charlotte has officially moved in with her brother, and he hasn’t been to the house since Jason punched him.

Charlotte’s alive, by the way. She called the day before the funeral and expressed her condolences. Said she couldn’t risk coming into town but I was welcome to visit her any time. If I needed to get away.

Everyone’s calling, no one will come to me in person. I went back to work on Monday and no one would talk to me. They all walked past my desk with sympathetic eyes like I couldn’t see them staring. Heather still hasn’t said a word to me. It’s driving me crazy. Because the quieter they are, the more time I have to think about Sandra and Daniel and what I want to do to that bastard.

It’s going to be beautiful.

She would have been an incredible woman; smart, and fast, and yes, deadly. But that can’t happen anymore because Daniel took her away from me.

I don’t think I’ll be able to post next week. I’m going to see an old friend for the last time. I’ll let you know how it goes.

As always, dear readers,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment