Wednesday 29 July 2015

Your Midweek Update for 07/29/15

Daniel has been suspiciously quiet for the last few days. None of us have seen or heard from him and it doesn’t help that Charlotte called me from her brother’s cabin outside of town on Saturday night to tell me that she’d confronted Daniel and then left him.

He told her that he was in love with another woman but when she told him she wanted a divorce, he became violent; throwing a lamp and toppling the coffee table.

I haven’t heard from her since.

I tried calling the cabin, I tried calling her cell; nothing. With Daniel missing, I’m worried that he’s done something drastic.

My only solace is that Sandra feels safer knowing there isn’t some maniac following her around. I’ve convinced her to hold off killing people for a little while, until I know Daniel is leaving her alone for good, but her constant badgering is giving me a headache. She wants this and I don’t blame her; but my first priority is keeping her safe. I can’t do that if she goes off without me. Until we’re both confident in her abilities, I can’t let her out of my sight.

If only I’d had someone to help me out when I was her age. I’d have a much higher body count – not that my numbers aren’t high (highest in the country ever recorded, thank you very much) but I wouldn’t have had so many close calls. I wouldn’t have had to go through that growing phase where I was startled awake at night by the slightest noise, terrified the police were after me.

I’d be better. So she will be better.

I’m so proud of my daughter.

As always, dear readers,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment