Wednesday 22 July 2015

Your Midweek Update for 07/22/15

Friday night, Sandra came home in a panic because Daniel has been following her around. He hasn’t approached her but he’s been stalking her for the last few days; actually ignoring me in favor of harassing my daughter. She wanted to call the police and I had to remind her of how stupid that idea would be. Bringing around official trouble spells nothing but disaster for my family, no matter what I deal with Daniel off the record. I’m just glad James agrees with me. That’s a big improvement.

Actually, the two of us have been on a steady climb to recovery for the last few weeks and I’m feeling very confident that we’ll be okay. That’s more than I can say for Charlotte and Daniel.

I haven’t spoken to Charlotte since she told me she was dragging Daniel to couple’s therapy which was a month and a half ago. Clearly it hasn’t been working since I see him with my family more often than not. I kept meaning to go out with her for drinks or coffee because god knows, I could use a friend and we are never doing that double date thing ever again, but it just got away from me.

Sunday night I got a call from her asking me to come over because Daniel wasn’t home and she wanted to talk. I went over because I like Charlotte and I never followed through with that plan to get them back together which is why they’re in this mess in the first place.

She’s leaving him.

She talked to a lawyer and he’s drawing up the paperwork. She wants me to act as a character witness if it comes to it because she now has proof that he’s having an affair. Mrs. Westburn found underwear in her husband’s car that wasn’t her’s. Isn’t that interesting?

It’s mine.

I don’t know how he got it but it’s mine.

Let’s see: he’s stalking my daughter, he has my underwear in his car – which he uses to stalk me and my daughter – and his wife is leaving him because she thinks he’s having an affair.

It was supposed to just be an affair. It’s all Daniel’s fault. I thought he was a mentally stable human being. He disappeared for a week and suddenly he’s off his meds. I’d suggest a body swapping or mind control plot but I already vetoed genre mixing.

I told Charlotte she was doing the right thing. I have to protect her in this situation because if she stays with him without knowing the whole situation, she’ll be in danger. I can’t predict what Daniel will do and I hate that. I wish I knew how to keep him away from my family.

Sandra was absolutely terrified when she came home and told me about Daniel. I forgot that with murder comes paranoia. She’s going to spend her life jumping at shadows and most days it’ll be worth it but there will be days like Friday when it just won’t matter. I wish I could protect her but I can’t – not completely. She gave in to her urges just like her mother – just like me – and now she has to live with it.

I have to keep her safe from Daniel. I can’t let him hurt her.

As always, dear readers,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment