Wednesday 1 July 2015

Your Midweek Update for 07/01/15

I swear, I don’t know what I’m going to do with Jason. I’ve been good about leaving him to his own devices now that summer vacation has started and he’s barely left his room, but I walked past it on Sunday and it was an absolute disaster zone. I don’t remember it being this unruly during the school year (or even last week). How does that even happen?

And there’s a smell. I don’t know what’s causing it but the smell is just everywhere. But it never leaves, like there’s a force field around the door. It’s absolutely bizarre. I told him to clean his room but he just shrugged and looked back to the laptop on his bed.

This is what happens when I pay more attention to one child over the other. The other one goes insane.

Well more insane.

I cannot understand how that happened.

Moving on.

Sandra has been picking up this murder business very quickly, I’m so proud. I even let her get in a few blows with this last one. Get some real blood on her shoes. Shoes are the easiest ones to deal with. One sole in one dumpster, one in the other a town away. She’s really enjoying it, too. I love seeing the way her eyes light up, it’s just precious.

She’s told me how anxious she is but I keep telling her to wait. A few more weeks and I think she’ll be good; if she can hold out that long.

It’s just so nice to see the way her whole demeanor has changed. She’s lighter, more open. She’s thinking of changing schools so she can take classes closer to home. I completely glossed over the fact that my baby has GRADUATED from high school.

Holy Shit.

I feel so old. But now it’s starting to feel like I have a companion in my daughter rather than just another person living in my house. She comes to visit me at work – she’s even started helping out with some filing and organizing. I might start paying her just so we can spend the day together and kill a couple people on the way home. Turn it into a learning experience.

I’ll talk to her and see what she says, first. I need to keep the lines of communication open if this relationship is going to work.

And I so want it to work.

As always, dear readers,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment