Wednesday 28 January 2015

Your Mid-Week Update for 01/28/15

You’ll never guess who I had lunch with on Saturday.

Jason’s Vice Principal.

Apparently, his grades are slipping and he comes to class with blood-shot eyes and a darker demeanor. The school thinks my son’s doing drugs. I assured Vice Principal Tight Ass that I would talk to him but I didn’t think the accusations were true.

Of course Judy gave me the benefit of the doubt, warning me that the only reason it hasn’t been officially reported to the school board is because the two of us have history (thank god for that summer camp). I promised that I would have a talk with my son and we parted ways with her insistence that we “do this again, some time.” I pray it isn’t too soon. That woman’s voice is just…grating – like several packs a day, grating.

Anyways, I waited until James got home before we had another family meeting. They only seem to occur when something potentially disastrous has occurred (and the time the kids caught James and me having sex). It turns out that Jason has been taking caffeine pills and pulling all-nighters to work on his computer.

Obviously we had a talk about priorities and health and I think he genuinely seemed to listen – though Sandra found the whole thing hilarious. Jason confessed he was having trouble concentrating, he felt restless, and he thought the pills would help.

And that’s the story of how we booked an appointment to test Jason for learning disabilities.

In other news, Daniel has been avoiding me. I can’t say that I blame him but I sort of miss him. He’s still following me but we don’t talk anymore. It’s just a curt nod as he drives off in the morning.

I hate it when my stalkers stop being friendly.

Well, back to work.

As always, dear readers,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment