Wednesday 10 December 2014

Your Mid-Week Update for 12/10/14

Comics. Jason is crazy into comics.

I feel slightly less like the worst mother those kids have ever had. Now I’m…second.

Over the weekend, I intruded – as all mothers do, apparently – and got a good look around Jason’s room. While he was there, of course, I still value our little bond of trust.

I walk in and he’s working on his computer while listening to some band I’ve never heard of.

I should have pointed out earlier, I’m going to sound incredibly old in this week’s update. I am deeply shamed.

He told me the name of the band but I honestly don’t remember. I do remember somehow managing to get him to open up to me a little. And I immediately regretted it. I have no idea what the hell he was talking about. Something about the casting for ‘Suicide Squad’ and the ‘teaser trailer for …something something’. To be honest I tuned him out after a while.

I’m glad he has somewhat but not irrevocably clichéd interests. It could always be worse.

Now when I say “working on his computer” I mean, he’s sitting on his floor seemingly rebuilding the computer I bought him after disassembling it. According to him, he got bored over the summer while I was in “rehab” and decided to explore the inner workings of his computer. And now he has no desktop.

“But don’t worry, mom, I still have the laptop I bought.”

Ugh.

I suppose I shouldn't complain. He's a kid l who takes apart his computer because he's bored, and spends months trying to put it back together (but eventually will, I hope); he has a mild obsession with superheroes, and he's had a steady girlfriend for the last two years. The boy defies the laws of fiction.

The least I can do is trust that he’ll be okay.

And not destroy anything else I buy him. That shit is expensive.

As always, dear readers,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment