Wednesday 28 May 2014

Your Mid-Week Update for 05/28/14

I’m worried about Sandra. She has been acting out a lot lately. I understand teenage angst but this is ridiculous. She has been moody and loud; she can barely look me in the eye anymore and she spends so much time in her room, I fear for her hygiene. She’s always been a very social girl but ever since her school’s security guard passed on she’s been...different. Frankly it’s been getting on my nerves.

So I decided to do something about it.

I wish I hadn’t.

I should feel horrible for snooping but I feel worse about what I found.

In the back of her closet I found a bulletin board overflowing with newspaper clippings. They dated back over fifteen years.

They were mine. My murders. Over a hundred of them at least. She figured me out when only one other person has. Or at least she thinks she has. She’s found a connection and sooner or later she’s going to connect it back to me.

Obviously I can’t kill her – not yet anyway – but I have to do something. I’m going to talk to James tonight to see if we can find a solution but I’m really worried about Sandra.

I honestly never wanted the kids to have to find out about my double life. A parent’s darkness should not overshadow their child.

That’s pretty deep; someone should write that down.

Anyways, I hope that Sandra doesn’t connect the dots any more than she has.

For her sake and for mine.

And for Jason’s sake as well, I suppose. Eventually Sandra’s going to tell him what she knows and I’m afraid he’s going to take it out on James. Men – boys – tend to go after their father figures and James is the only one Jason has ever had, even before his mother went up the creek. I’d hate for him to lose that and I just know that Jason would find a way to blame him.

Boys.

So really it’s in the best interest of my entire family if Sandra doesn’t take her little Nancy Drew act any further. I just hope I can find a peaceful solution.

Pray for me.

As always, dear readers,


Stay Safe
This is a work of fiction. Any events or characters that bear any resemblance to real life is strictly coincidence and unintentional

No comments:

Post a Comment