Saturday 17 May 2014

Day Five in New Orleans

Today has just flown buy which seems insane seeing as I was in line by 6am for the Big Book Fair. The ten of us in line shared a lot of laughs, talked about a lot of different things, and even volunteered once the crowds became unmanageable – I was the best line organizer EVER!

As horrible as it is to be standing in line for 5 hours it means that you get first dibs at basically any book, any author that you want. So I got to meet all of these amazing (fairly well known and popular) authors who were so friendly and I was geeking out and there was barely any line. It was just great. I mean, the lines filled up fairly quickly in that event so after a few authors the lines got long but I mean, I met Jennifer Armentrout twice in one day, I’ve seen Victoria Dahl four times this week (don’t tell Cyndi); I met some amazing YA, NA, and Adult writers who were so happy to sell their books, talk to you and sign their books and geek out with you. I was only in there for about an hour and a half before I got really overwhelmed but it was an hour and a half well spent.

Most of the afternoon and evening was spent sorting and packing because tomorrow is a pretty simple day and I wanted to get as much packing done as possible now. Of course I then spent another 3 hours in another line for another room full of books (this one much less organized) which I did not have room in my suitcase for. But it was free food, lots of interaction, met some new authors.
Today was all about the books. However, because of my early morning, I am too tired to finish packing so we’ll see if I can get it done before going to bed. I get to sleep in tomorrow so I am going to milk that.

While Cyndi is off socializing right now, making friends or whatever, I am here – talking to you guys – just trying to stay awake. The things I do for you guys.

Speaking of which: I am bringing back a crap-ton of books and swag with me, more than I know what to do with.

Who would be up for a contest later with some surprise swag bags put together with prizes from the RT Booklovers Convention?

1 comment:

  1. How insane was that giant book fair??? And yes, you ROCKED that End Of The Line marker like nobody's business.

    ReplyDelete