Friday 21 December 2012

The Post Where I Update You On My Post-Apocalyptic Blog

I'm not even going to apologize for excessive posts this week. This close to Christmas and the end of the year, there's lots to talk about.

So...since the world did not end - though a zombie attack is still totally a viable option - I suppose I should start thinking about the new year. 2013 is fast approaching and I thought I'd take this opportunity to let you in on what's going to be happening in this new year.

First I want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has been following my blog these past few months. To those of you who commented...


You're awesome!!!! I know my blog is tiny but we're slowly growing and I really appreciate every one of you who are helping me along the way.

2013 is going to bring a few changes. I'm going to be starting a new semester at University (Shakespear, Greek Poetry, Archaeology and Chamber Choir...what) and - hopefully - a new job and possibly a new resolve to write one of the novels tumbling around in my brain box. And I'm also making one or two changes to the blog. Nothing big, just little things.


1) Monday Fables are going to be replaced with a new series called "Undercover Lovers". This is actually a fan fiction series for the television show "Castle" which...if you know me at all...is my favourite show of all time. The series will center around the main characters (Kate Beckett and Richard Castle) in various situations where they will not be themselves whethere their undercover or roleplaying or whatever. Some of the scenes will be 18+ and I'll let you know which ones and you don't really need to know anything about the series other than the fact that she is a cop and he is a novelist and they are in a relationship (in the TV series...not always in my series). So that will be occupying my Mondays for several months, giving me time to think about what will happen after that.

2) I know I had originally said that Wednesdays were my days to talk about books and Fridays were my days to talk about writing but I realized that at this point in my writing career I have very little to talk about instead Wednesdays and Fridays are going to be a bit mixed when it comes to content. It'll still be about books and writing it just won't be as straight forward. I'm doing my best to get you guys some cool guest posts but schedules don't always work out. I do have a giant list of books that I'll be reading and reviewing over the break so that'll be fun. Fingers crossed that I get a Kindle for christmas so I can actually read my ebooks when I'm out and about but we'll see.

3) AND...in March (or April) Cyndi Tefft's third book in the "Between" series will be released so we're going to be partying it up...literally. There will be streamers. Mostly the party will be on my other blog http://aidensangels.blogspot.com but I'm sure some of it will spill over here so be prepared from hot, Scottish lovin' in the coming months.

4) I finally got around to making a little Calendar thing so you can actually check the calendar for an up to date blog schedule - this will also help keep me in check if I ever dare to think of skipping a date. (Note that anything on a Saturday is for my Aiden's Angels Blog so you can keep track of both if you want).

5) So I will be posting Christmas week. I've got stuff planned for Christmas Eve and Boxing Day but after I post them in the mornings I'll pretty much be offline. But they'll be there for those who don't celebrate the holiday - and for when you come back afterwards. I will, however, be taking the first week in January off. January 1st-8th I will not be posting anything but on the 9th we'll be back and ready to go. I'll miss you all horribly, I promise.

Alright that's it. I hope. Probably.

So thank you again my darlings for turning in.

And just because I love this show...
Merry Christmas You Guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment